Thank you for your interest in serving internationals. In order to remain in good standing with the universities that our students attend, our Volunteer Policy states that volunteers need to be screened using a background check.
There are only 3 exceptions to this policy:
- You will be doing an activity that does not involve direct contact with students,
- You are already affiliated with a university as a student, scholar, or staff,
- You are an international with a temporary visa status.
If any of these apply to you, please send us an email to let us know why you are exempt.
We are asking all IFI volunteers to consider a donation of $17 to help IFI defray the cost of completing background checks. If you would like to donate, please use one of these options below.
You may print a copy of our new volunteer policy here.
We look forward to partnering with you!
Ways to help defray the cost of Background Checks:
- Use your bank's ONLINE BILL PAY or mail a check to:
International Friendships, Inc.
PO Box 933319
CLEVELAND OH 44193
Please write "BACKGROUND CHECK (IFI FORT WAYNE)" on the check memo line or in the memo or account field in your online bill payer.
- Credit Card online (see form on this page)